~ Welcome to the thoughts of our home, our life and our passions ~


1/16/10

Mind Over Matter

The idea of blogging has teased me for some time now. Who would read my posts besides myself? I can picture it now, browsing them in the middle of the night as I procrastinate from research papers, and after I had already exhausted my facebook profile. Will I be able to articulate my reaction to the world around me? What will I write of? Motherhood, Christian feminism, social work, family life, crossroads and my constant need to be in the mountains.

Of course I can occasionally interject my thoughts out loud at home - between screaming matches of ring-around-the-rosy and the ever spouting fountain of questions also known as Kennedy. If I get lucky, I can head downstairs and lock myself in the furnace closet to hear myself, but inevitably, someone will start yelling my name: "Mooooom-mmmmmy" and I'll have to truck back upstairs and fish out the sippy cup that was being filled with toilet water.

Despite that snapshot of reality...I'll take the optimistic road and... write.

No comments:

Post a Comment