~ Welcome to the thoughts of our home, our life and our passions ~


4/21/10

A piece of paper speaks a thousand words

I was astonished! In complete disbelief. How could this happen?

I started out at the same time as he did…..was found and cut of the same wood. I knew that we were both being delivered to the same corporation because we both had the same blue and black stamp on the letterhead box we were in.
The work schedule was identical.
The title was the same.

The work output was equal or sometimes even greater by my lady.
I’d seen her dedicate extra hours into her job. She balanced her children and other engagements she had. She even went the extra mile when often times he checked out early or didn’t even care.

So why am like this? Why can’t I be like his or better yet- even larger?
It’s funny…. We look the same, same size, same color. But he has bigger numbers than I.

I didn’t know that just because I was made to be a woman’s paycheck – that I would be so much smaller than a man’s.
It doesn’t add up.

April 20th is Equal Pay Day. Because on average by April 20th 2010, a woman has finally reached the equivalent of what a man made in 2009 for the same position.

No comments:

Post a Comment